Monday, October 27, 2014

Jeni's upcoming show MFA & ROY G BIV


Graduate school has gone faster and slower then I expected. Slower during the hard times... and faster as I jump from one project to the other hardly stopping to slow down. My path as an artist has been craved out in a way I never imagined. I entered graduate school thinking I was going to make art about movement and its relationship to the human body. After a year of exploration I was feeling lost, confused, and most importantly I was not fulfilled. At the end of the year I did a project called The Dinner Party, where I invited a group over to my home to share a meal. I served a plated meal to the guests and as they ate they uncovered phrases that enacted movement. At the end of the night when I was left with a pile of dishes I starting thinking about what was important about the project. When I answered food my work took a shift in direction and I began to explore the human relationship to the food we consume. Considering human choice in relation to the ceramic vessel.
I am looking forward to my MFA thesis exhibition that will take place at Urban Arts Space from February 14 - March 22, 2015 with the opening reception February 21st from 5-7.
I am also excited to announce my upcoming exhibition at ROY G BIV Gallery in Columbus, Ohio in April! The Exhibition runs from April 4–25, 2015 with the opening reception Saturday, April 4 th 2015 @ 7:00 PM and an artists’ talk on Saturday, April 25, at 2:30 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment